Erasmus+ Master programme MARIHE opens application period!
Become a part of this unique global Master programme on Higher Education, Research and Innovation and join us for a 2-year full time study journey in Europe and Asia. We offer full Erasmus Mundus scholarships for applicants with a first university degree from all around the world.
Apply now for the student intake in August 2019 - Deadline is 05 December 2018.
MARIHE team would like to inform about the
Call for Proposals: 9th International Russian Higher Education Conference “Universities in search of a balance between new and familiar goals”.
Submission of applications is open now! Please visit https://educonf.hse.ru/en/2018/ for detailed Conference application & participation requirements and other relevant information.
The Conference will be held in Moscow on October 24–25, 2018. The organizers invite researchers and experts to participate in discussions about current trends in global education. The Programme Committee also welcomes proposals in other areas of higher education studies under the open track.
The deadline for submitting proposals is May 1, 2018 (23:59 hrs. CET).
Music Quality Enhancement (MusiQuE) in Brussels/Belgium is an external evaluation body dedicated to the continuous improvement of the quality of higher music education across Europe and beyond and to assisting higher music education institutions in their own enhancement of quality.
The Review and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for organising MusiQuE review procedures and will contribute to the day-to-day activities of the MusiQuE office.
Application deadline: Wednesday 2nd May at 10:00.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks
Support for the MusiQuE Board:
- Contributing to the preparation and follow-up of MusiQuE Board meetings (including practical organisation, preparation of documents and annexes before and after the meetings, writing meeting minutes)
Coordinating review procedures:
- Preparing offers for the review services (including timeframe and budget)
- Acting as contact person on behalf of MusiQuE for the institution which requested a review and assisting pro-actively the institution in planning and implementing the review process (both in relation to content and practical organisation)
- Preparing all necessary information and documentation for the MusiQuE Board (about the potential members of the Review Team before the visit, about the review report after the visit, etc.)
- Composing the Review Team and assisting the Team in planning and implementing the visit (both in relation to content and practical organisation)
- Ensuring that the Review Team’s report adheres to the standards and remit of the review
- Organising follow-up processes
Maintenance and update of the Peer-Reviewers register:
- Updating the Peer-Reviewers Register and improving the database used
- Gathering, analysing and presenting statistical data concerning member institutions
- Assisting the MusiQuE staff with the organisation and preparation of the training session for peer-reviewers (early November)
- Assisting the MusiQuE staff with handling invoices/receipts
- Preparing budgets for the review procedures
Public interaction, communication and external relations:
- Contributing to maintaining and developing the MusiQuE website (including the news section)
- Gaining knowledge of the latest developments in quality assurance through desk research and possibly the attendance of relevant events
Internal Quality assurance:
- Collecting and compiling feedback questionnaires from institutions/programmes reviewed and from reviewers, and preparing an analysis of the results
- Contributing to drafting the MusiQuE annual report
- Providing administrative support to the MusiQuE colleagues, when required
Master student or young graduate (no specific background requested) interested in higher education and especially in quality enhancement in higher education.
- Knowledge of and interest in higher education, and preferably higher music education
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and ability to write clear and coherent reports in English
- Ability to work independently, balancing a number of tasks and their respective deadlines within the overall portfolio of responsibilities
- Competence and substantial experience in all standard computer software programmes (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point)
- Good communication skills: email, telephone, written, face-to-face
- Good team skills, allied to a willingness to contribute and a readiness to assist others
- Good inter-cultural skills and understanding
- Ability and readiness to promote MusiQuE’s services, where required
- Interest in art and culture
- Good command of other languages than English
Starting date and Offer
- A "professional immersion contract" for 6 months (full-time, netto salary: 781,30 euros), with a flexible starting date but ideally from mid-May 2018, followed by a generic employment contract for one year (full-time, brutto salary: 1'800,00 euros + chèques-repas of 7 euros per day worked), e.g. from November 2018 to November 2019
- Immersion in all aspects of the management of a European-level organisation with a focus on quality enhancement of higher music education
- Professional supervision and assistance for young professionals
- An international and challenging work environment
How to apply
Application deadline: Wednesday 2nd May at 10:00
We are delighted to invite you to submit a paper to the 40th Annual EAIR Forum, which is to be hosted by the Central European University Budapest, Hungary.
The theme of the 2018 EAIR Budapest Forum is “COMPETITION, COOPERATION AND COMPLEMENTARITY IN HIGHER EDUCATION”.
The Forum will be held in the main campus of the Central European University, in the very center of Budapest from 26 till 29 August 2018.
To submit your proposal, click on: http://www.eairweb.org/forum2018/proposalform/
The deadline for submission of paper proposals is Monday 26 February 2018 (23:59 hrs. CET).
Visit http://www.eairweb.org/forum2018 for detailed information and updates about the 2018 EAIR Forum.
We are looking forward to receiving your contribution,
On behalf of the 2018 EAIR Budapest Forum Program Committee:
Liviu Matei (Forum Chair) - Provost and Pro-Rector, Central European University, Budapest
Matyas Szabo (Forum Co-Chair) - Senior manager, Yehuda Elkana Center for Higher Education, Central European University, Budapest
Attila Pausits - EAIR Executive Committee, Danube University Krems, Austria
Rosalind Pritchard - EAIR Executive Committee, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom